What information do you collect?
I collect the information you provide at newsletter sign-up:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
How is my information stored?
If you choose to contact me directly, by responding to a newsletter or by using the website contact form, your email and the name you have associated with it will arrive in my email inbox and be stored accordingly on the saved message.
What do you use my information for?
I use your data to provide you with my author newsletter, and, if you choose to contact me via email or contact form, to respond to you.
The newsletter comes out every two to four weeks, and generally consists of some original content and some linked content to an Instafreebie giveaway or a new launch. There is no obligation on you to click these links or to download or buy these products.
I do not track your data beyond the analytics on newsletter performance provided by Mailchimp.
Where is your business based?
I’m based in Canada.
Where are your website servers based?
My website is hosted on servers in the UK.
Following the US executive order in 2017, “Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States” the protections of the U.S. Privacy Act were repealed for all non-U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.
How can I unsubscribe?
You can contact me through the website, or you can use the link at the bottom of any newsletter to unsubscribe.
I'm an EU resident. What are my special rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, as a resident of the EU or Switzerland your personal data benefits from some additional protection.
- You have the right to understand what personal data I hold, and what it is used for, and you must have provided your consent to me to use your personal data for that purpose. My disclosure to you of what your personal data will be used for must be in plain language. [Lawfulness, fairness and transparency.]
- You have the right to have your personal data used only for the specified purpose for which you provided it. [Purpose limitation.]
- You have the right to expect that I will only keep the minimum personal data necessary for that specified purpose. [Data minimisation.]
- You have the right to ask for the personal data I hold on you, and have me correct it if necessary. [Accuracy.]
- You have the right to transmit any such personal data to another individual or entity. [Portability.]
- You have the right to erasure (right to be forgotten). You can require me to make all reasonable efforts to delete your personal data from my systems and those of my providers.
- You have the right to expect that your personal data will be held no longer than is required for the specified purpose for which you provided it. [Storage limitation.]
- You have the right to have your personal data held securely, and in the event of a breach to my system or to any of my providers’ systems, I’m obliged to inform you within reasonable delay. [Integrity and confidentiality.]
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to my use of your personal data at any time.